Thursday, July 5, 2007

Baseball Reference

While I was researching topics for new articles today, I came across a website that i felt the need to share with all of our loyal readers.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/

This site has every number that has ever happened in Major League Baseball since 1871. When I showed this site to fellow blogger Mr. AK, he was so overwhelmed with the amount of information on it, he did not even know where to start. If you have a few minutes (or hours actually) I highly suggest you take a look at it. I would start by checking out how your favorite team did on the day you where born and where they were in the standings. (Note: The Red Sox won and were in first place on my birthday. I must have been good luck)

Here's two fun facts from the website:

The Yankees have lost 4 out of the last 5 games played on George Steinbrenner's birthday, which is the 4th of July. In 2006, the Yankees lost 19-1 to the Cleveland Indians on this date.

The Red Sox are currently 101-53 all-time against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays and have 15 games left with them this season.

Baseball Gurus Enjoy!

No comments: